We are what the future feels like. As a constantly evolving orthopedic device company that utilizes proprietary advanced material technologies, we fuse brilliant design with surgical expertise. Now surgeons can use the most innovative orthopedic devices anywhere—unique devices created from our shape memory biomaterials that can transform and adapt inside the body. Together, we are dramatically improving the technology of soft tissue fixation, fracture repair, and joint fusions. That kind of change isn’t just good—it’s great!
ECLIPSE SOFT TISSUE ANCHOR
The Eclipse Soft Tissue Anchor is designed for the fixation of connective soft tissues (tendons and ligaments) to bone during tenodesis, tendon transfer, and ligament reconstruction procedures in the extremities. The Eclipse Soft Tissue Anchor is MedShape’s non-rotational solution for simple and reliable soft tissue repair. Delivered pre-compressed in a low-profile geometry, the Eclipse Sheath inserts easily between the tendon and the bone. Insert and squeeze the trigger to experience controlled Sheath expansion for effective soft tissue fixation. Its sheath-and-bullet design and non-rotational deployment method preserves the surgeon’s preferred soft tissue orientation and effectively compresses and fixates soft tissue without damaging the soft tissue.
The Eclipse Soft Tissue Anchor has several unique, advantageous features:
- Straightforward, non-rotational insertion and deployment technique
- Pre-loaded on Disposable Gun for fast and easy handling
- Manufactured out of MedShape’s proprietary shape memory PEEK Altera®, a high strength, biocompatible, radiolucent polymer
- Offered in a broad range of sizes to accommodate any bone anatomy (4 – 9mm in diameter, 10 – 20mm in length)
- Adaptable to any arthroscopic or mini-open soft tissue repair procedure
The Eclipse Soft Tissue Anchor can be used in the following procedures:
- Proximal Biceps Tenodesis
- Medial/lateral Collateral Ligament (MCL/LCL) Reconstruction
- Medial Patellofemoral (MPFL) Reconstruction
- Lateral Ankle Stabilization
- FHL/FDL Tendon Transfer
- Posterior Tibialis Tendon Transfer
Protected by Patent No. 8, 069, 858. Other U.S. and International Patents Pending. The Eclipse Soft Tissue Anchor has been cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration for sale in the United States.
DynaNail® TTC Fusion System
The DynaNail® TTC Fusion System is designed for tibiotalocalcaneal (TTC) arthrodesis procedures to address degenerative conditions, correct joint deformities and revise failed total ankle replacements or arthrodesis non-unions. The intramedullary nail system incorporates an innovative super-elastic internal nickel titanium (NiTiNOL) element that automatically adapts in response to bone resorption or joint settling. Once the nail is fixed in place with screws, the NiTiNOL element maintains the target fusion bones in close apposition and under sustained compression for up to 6 mm of resorption or settling, unlike static, non-adaptive intramedullary devices that lose compression immediately upon frame removal or initial resorption. This natural compression adjustment provides the DynaNail TTC Fusion System with the fusion power of an external fixator while still having the ease and safety of an intramedullary nail. Surgeons implant the DynaNail TTC Fusion System using a surgical technique similar to that of traditional intramedullary nails, thereby dramatically reducing the learning curve required for the new technology.
- Titanium outer body
- Simple mechanical activation of the super-elastic internal NiTiNOL element
- Rigid, radiolucent, dual-arm targeting frame
- Large range of titanium locking screw sizes
The DynaNail® TTC Fusion System has been cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration for sales in the United States. Protected by U.S. Patent No. 7,985,222. Other U.S. and International Patents Pending.